With our new COVID-19 protocols in place, we require patients to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time in order to be pre-screened and ready for their appointment. If you arrive on time (at 9:00am for a 9:00am appointment) or late, we reserve the right to turn you away from the appointment with a cancellation fee as this does not provide us enough time to pre-screen you, see you thoroughly for your appointment, and clean the room prior to the next patient.Due to new protocols, you will also notice a nominal fee of $17.00 added to each appointment which allows us to provide the added safety measures for all patients – this fee may not be covered by insurance, in which case, it will be an out of pocket expense. Prior to your appointment, we ask that you follow the below instructions to complete a few forms needed in our office. Failure to do so can result in a rescheduled appointment:
- Please visit our website, cassaradental.com, and click on the “Patient Information” tab. From there, click on “New Patient Forms.” This will direct you to fill in your name and the date of your visit which can be found at the beginning of this email.
- On the following page, you will find a hyperlink to the New Patient Forms. We kindly ask that you take the time to thoroughly fill out our forms.
- If you have filled out our online forms, please fill out the following two forms: the COVID Consent Form, and the Pre-Appointment Pre-Screening Form.
- If you have not filled out any online forms for our office, please fill out the following four forms in their entirety: the New Patient Registration Form, the COVID Consent Form, the Pre-Appointment Pre-Screening Form, and the Medical History Form.
- Should you encounter any issues with the forms, please give our office a call at (650) 969-2866 and a member of our team will be able to assist you.
Please take the time to research your insurance plan and coverage. We conduct our own research, but it is helpful for you to speak directly with your insurance provider to be fully aware of your benefits. Insurance is a contract between the patient and the insurance provider, therefore, the insurance company does not always provide complete benefits to our office when we act as a third party on your behalf. Should you need to reschedule your appointment, we kindly ask for a minimum of 2 business days to make any changes to your patient reservation so we can fully utilize our time to benefit our patients. Failure to do so will result in a $75.00 cancellation or missed appointment fee.Please call us directly at (650) 969-2866 if you have any concerns regarding your appointment. We look forward to seeing you at your next visit!To Our Valued Patients, We hope this letter finds you and your families in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. For our office, this will begin on Monday, June 1, 2020. While many things have changed, our commitment to your oral health and safety has not. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the US Center for Disease Control (CDC), and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA). We remain current with new rulings and guidance as they are issued. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some of our protocols have changed to adhere to new recommendations. You may see these mandated changes when it is time for your next appointment. These are some of the updates we have made to help protect you and our team members:
- We will communicate with you before your scheduled appointment to ask screening questions related to your health and recent travel history – if you miss our call, you must call us back prior to your appointment to be pre-screened or risk postponement
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your appointment – if you arrive at 9:00 for your 9:00 appointment, we will not have time to pre-screen you and see you in a time frame that allows for completing a thorough appointment and cleaning of the operatory prior to the next patient
- All patients will have their temperature taken prior to entering the building
- We may ask you to wait in your car prior to your appointment
- All patients must wear a face mask or covering to enter the building (only to be removed for your appointment when asked by a doctor, hygienist, or assistant)
- We ask you to bring your own, or we can provide one to you at a cost
- Upon entering the building, we will have you wash your hands or provide you with hand sanitizer for use prior to your appointment
- We will have a pre-rinse available rather than offering tooth brushes prior to your appointment
- Air purifiers have been installed in our HVAC system throughout the office
- The waiting area no longer has magazines or books which are impossible to disinfect
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing – this means we will be offering fewer scheduling options
- In an effort to reduce the number of people in the office, we ask that you come to your appointment alone
- Caregivers and parents of younger children may be asked to wait in their vehicles and will be notified when the patient is ready for pick up. Please let us know in advance if you need an exception to this rule.
- You will notice a nominal fee of $17 added to each appointment which allows us to provide the added safety measures for all patients – this fee may not be covered by insurance, in which case, it will be an out of pocket expense
- To help with the flow of patients through the office, we will be implementing a few new contactless payment options
- We will ask all patients to fill out a credit card on file authorization form prior to their appointment
- We will use the credit card to charge your co-pay for the appointment if you have one – we will notify you of the amount upon your exit and will charge it once your insurance comes back
- In the coming weeks, we will be working to implement apple pay for contactless payment via Credit Card in the office
- You will still have the option to pay with cash or credit card at time of service
On June 1, 2020, we are planning to resume normal office hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday = 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Wednesday = 10:00am to 7:00pm
To make an appointment, please call our office at (650) 969-2866; if we are busy helping other patients, leave a message so we can return your call as soon as possible.For all other questions (especially those in regards to our new protocols and the steps we are taking to keep you all safe in our practice), we ask that you email us at email@example.com. This will allow us to provide you with a more detailed list of our updated protocols as the time nears for your appointment; it will also allow us to leave phone lines available for scheduling purposes. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back.
PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON OUR NEW COVID 19 PROTOCOLS